Researchers at Clearwater Clinical Limited are seeking a full-time research associate to assist with research and coordination aimed at technology development, validation and transfer in an ear & hearing related field of research. Under direct and indirect supervision, the candidate will coordinate and administer grant funded research studies/activities. The candidate will be directly involved with data analysts to ensure adherence to study protocol and will co-develop research protocols. In addition, the coordinator may have the opportunity to take on some leadership roles in studies, including authorship of manuscripts, grant applications, protocols, and supervision of assigned personnel.
This role will report directly to Dr. Matthew Bromwich, Clearwater’s Chief Medical Officer.
This is a 1-year full-time position with possible renewal.
- The primary role will be to manage aspects of Dr. Bromwich’s research program including design, organization, implementation, administration and coordination of assigned research projects. This will include start-up procedures, site training, ensuring study compliance, electronic database management, site monitoring and ensuring reporting requirements are being met.
- Similar duties at the corporate technology partner offices are expected and will be managed separately by Dr. Bromwich.
- This position would entail assessing patients for eligibility, interviewing patients, participating in the informed consent process, registration/randomization of patients, collecting data, coordination of diagnostic procedures for various research studies, coordination of participant follow-up activities and recording/reporting adverse events. Patient recruitment will primarily occur at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, although travel to other hospitals and regional schools may be required.
- The candidate will assist in Grant writing, REB submissions, Protocol writing and contribute to the preparation of manuscripts and organize relevant research meetings.
- Knowledge of the principles of research design and database research (Essential)
- Ability to coordinate and manage the day-to-day operations of the research and data collection
activities, including outstanding record keeping and organization skills. (Essential)
- Understanding of research procedures including the Personal Health Information Protection Act
(PHIPA 2004) and Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (ICH-GCP)(Essential)
- Certification in TCPS-2, ICH-GCP, Health Canada Division 5 regulations and other relevant guidelines and legislation that apply to the clinical research field
- Certified Clinical Research Professional (ACRP or SoCRA) (Essential)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills (Essential)
- Graduate (Master’s) degree in clinical epidemiology, public health or other (either completed or in
progress), or a PhD in a related area. (Essential)
- Recent graduate with a minimum of 1-2 years coordinating clinical and/or database research trials, or
graduate level courses in research using large health databases (Preferred)
- Superior computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and cloud
computing (Dropbox, Slack, and others) (Preferred)
- Ability to assist with manuscripts and grant applications in scientific language (Preferred)
- Ability to maintain records of research activities, and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, as
required by investigator, administrator, funding agencies, and/or regulatory bodies (Preferred)
- Bilingual (French and English) but not required. (Preferred)
- Flexibility with working hours in order to meet deadlines
- Able to work in a team as well as independently under occasionally minimal supervision
- Will be expected to complete Online Corporate Training and Tri-counsel research training
- Will be based both at the CHEO Campus and Clearwater offices
- Salary range commensurate with skills and experience $33 – $42/hr.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to Dr. Matthew Bromwich via email (as a PDF) to email@example.com by April 7th, 2017. Please include “Research Coordinator-YOUR,NAME” in the subject line. Please also include a list of studies you have published or participated in.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Clearwater Clinical has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Clearwater at 613-728-6666 to discuss arrangements.